Monday, March 26, 2007

"Behold our God is great..."

"Behold our God is great and we do not know Him." Job 36:26

Jesus is so good. His mercy triumphs over judgment and we must praise Him. He is so good to me especially as I grow into a deep intimate relationship with Him. He has called me personally on a radical lifestyle after Him. What I am talking about really is not radical, but it is living out the Sermon on the Mount. I just want to mention some stories about His faithfulness.

Today I went to school feeling very rough in my flesh. I get to school and my body is physically weak. So as things carry on throughout the day I begin to feel a tiny bit better. The reason here is because I finally followed through with the conviction He had been telling me to do for a good 2 years now which was asking for forgiveness from someone. Immediately I felt free. I felt like a heavy bolder had been lifted off my chest, but my body was still weak. So the day continues on and I can tell I am sick. Earlier when I check my temp it was at 98.3 or something close, but it was not bad. So after school I go to drama practice and I practice for about 1 hour. Then I go and take my temperature and find out that it is now at 104.5. No joke that is what the thermometer said. So I leave. On my way home I call up my friend whose really close to me and told what was going on. She prayed for me over the phone and I got home and the temperature was only 100.0. Yes it really did go down 4.5 degrees. I kind of brush it off for a second but then I think about it and I realized the only reason it went down was because she prayed. I saw the Lords faithfulness. So I went to sleep and woke up and my temperature is now 99.3 and my body no longer aches. This is obviously the hand of God. Get this though this is not the only time that this has happened. The exact same thing happened 3 weeks ago. We must begin to believe God for this and look for it when it cannot be found.

This past weekend I went to a conference at the International House of Prayer in Atlanta (IHOP-Atl). The Lord sent His power with a spirit of wisdom and revelation. The main thing I want to mention about that is the scoffing spirit that makes think we know about God when we truly have no idea who this Man is. Many of us are possessed by this spirit which tells us that we do not need to read the word, we do not need to pray because we know everything. I tell you read Job 38-42 then see what you think you know. We have no clue of the knowledge of God. He is so far above us. Right now I believe the Lord is asking the church today, "Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation? Tell me, if you understand." (Job 38:2) If Job did not understand why do we think we do. We must through everything out the window that we think we know and sit before asking for a true revelation of who He is.
Amen, even so Amen.

2 comments:

Katie B said...

Glad you feel better Kurtito.
God is so good.
He loves you A LOT.

Boggsy said...

Kurt,
Dude, I just love your passion and zeal for the Lord! It is very encouraging to me. I just want to say that you are awesome and that the Lord is doing and will do mighty things in and through you! In reading your blog, I felt the Lord say that He is going to use you in the gift of healing. I believe He is giving you revelation in regards to this by showing Himself as your Healer and proving to you that He is FAITHFUL! Be blessed and encouraged brother.